Suspense is a feeling of uncertainty and anxiety about the outcome of certain actions, most often referring to an audience's perceptions in a dramatic work. Below are examples of suspense;
- It brings tention.
- When there is suspense there is scary music being used.
- Many movies use 'false plateu', this is when suspense within the audience but the tention breaks when the scary part turns out to be a false alarm, but then the scary part happens. - it makes you sit at the edge of your chair.
- The audience start to breath quite heavily.
- There is a always a cliff hanger in movies, where always left in suspense and eager to know what happens next.
- The usage of 'Hitchcock's bomb theory'.
- Creating a false platue in which the viewer is drawn into a flase sense of horror/suspense.